Thursday, May 22, 2014

Week 2 Review

Many apologies for not getting this up yesterday, but it was a horrid mental day and a whole bunch of shit happened to make it even worse, so I was basically useless. Still feeling bad now, so stuff is short and I don't feel like linking to the polish pages. Anyway, time to go over how my pretty manicure from last week held up!

To review how I had my nails done:


Thumb: China Glaze White on White as the base, Rainbow Honey Stellar Treat on top
Pointer finger: China Glaze Polarized
Middle finger: Julep Stefani
Ring finger: China Glaze White on White as the base, Rainbow Honey Stellar Treat on top
Pinkie finger: China Glaze Polarized

White on White:

How did it wear? Well, it went on very thick, to say the least. It took me three coats to get it opaque like I needed it to be (funny how it's both thick and thin, huh?) and even then, I felt the weight of all that polish on my nail the way I don't normally. My hands were itching in their skin to get this off!

Will I wear it again? Probably. I only have this and Julep Nicolette for pure white polishes and there's always a need for white. I'll just have to get used to how it goes on or figure out a way to make it work better for me.

Will I keep it? I guess so, but I'll be seeing other whites to try and find one that goes on less thin/thick and works better as a white base for my manicures.

Polarized:

How did it wear? Quite well! There was a teensy bit more tip wear than I would have liked, but I had to work a lot with my hands over the last week, so I don't mind.

Will I wear it again? Definitely! I can think of more than a few occasions where I could use a swanky-looking polish like this.

Will I keep it? I'm not just keeping it; I'm already plotting a trip to go get the other polishes in its line! They were all so pretty, but I picked out Polarized because it reminded me of one of my favorite Julep polishes. It's not like that polish at all, but it's so prettyyyyyyyyy and I love it.

Stefani:

How did it wear? Nicely. Slightly more tip wear than I usually see, but none of it chipped off or did anything to annoy me. At the same time, it didn't really impress me as a polish. Just meh.

Will I wear it again? Maybe? A steel-colored polish like this isn't to my taste at all, but I could see it being a good base for a top coat like Stellar Treat that's really bright. The dark will make it stick out and all that. However, most of my top coats look awful on dark colors

Will I keep it? I guess so. I won't take it back to college with me and will use its space in my nail polish caddy for something I know I'll wear again, but I don't want to throw it out either.

Stellar Treat:

How did it wear?Wonderfully! It was sparkly and gorgeous and everything I wanted from it. The only problem was me; when putting it on, I put too much on some nails and it didn't look as good as I wanted it to. Also, I made the mistake of putting it on my toenails too. I forgot I never put chunky topcoats like that on my toenails.

Will I wear it again? Oh yeah! Difficulty of removal aside, it's a gorgeous topcoat and I wish I hadn't overused it like I did and made it look less pretty. I went with two coats because one looked too thin and it looked bad with two where it looked just thin with one. I'll have to find a middle ground somehow.

Will I keep it? Definitely! I'll have to be mindful of how much I'm using and never put it on my toenails again because whoo, that was hard to get off, but I love it.

In Summary:

  • All four are varying degrees of keepers (Stefani is a reluctant one and White on White will be gone if I find a better white)
  • Good God, no more chunky top coat glitters on my toenails THE STRUGGLE
  • Pretty manicure that acted like a painted declaration of who I crackship in Fairy Tail but unremarkable in how it wore

0 comments:

Post a Comment