Friday, May 9, 2014

Week 1: Your Invitation to the Purple Hatter's Ball




Polishes used (all polishes I've never used before):
  • Julep in Rosa (3 coats)
  • Julep in Billie Jean (2 coats)
  • Julep in Paulette (2 coats) (the new polish)
  • Julep in Maggie (2 coats) 
Tools used:
  • Julep Plie Wand and striping brush attachment
Combinations on each nail:
  • Thumb: Rosa
  • Pointer finger: Billie Jean for the base color, Maggie for the music note
  • Middle finger: Paulette
  • Ring finger: Maggie for the base color, Paulette for the music note
  • Pinkie finger: Billie Jean

What did I have in mind when I started this manicure?

This manicure didn't take a whole lot of thought. I'm going to a music festival this weekend called The Purple Hatter's Ball (everyone should go to one of the music festivals held at this place at some point in their life because it's AMAZING, especially if you're going to Wanee and share the land with the 20,000-25,000 other attendees), so I wanted to go with an all-purple manicure. The music note was an added touch because it's a music festival, after all.

My conclusions:

This was my first time using Julep's much-hyped Plie Wand and while it did make painting my nails easier like it promised, I still had a lot of cleanup to do. A quick, clean nail-painter I am not. I wish I hadn't needed to use three coats of Rosa to get full coverage, but I'm pretty happy with the consistency of all the polishes and how they looked on my nails. It looks like they're all keepers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment