Friday, June 6, 2014

Week 3: Sweetheart Sea Witch

Whoops, I forgot things again. I've been sick and otherwise occupied these last two weeks between going camping (my Memorial Day weekend manicure got ruined by bug spray, so no post for that) and going to New York to cover a trade show (that kept me busy, so no pics once again).




Polishes used:
  • Julep in Jennine
  • Julep in Tania
  • Julep in Something Blue
  • Julep in Paris
  • Rainbow Honey in Waves
 Tools used:
  • Julep Plie Wand
Combinations on each finger:
  • Thumb: Jennine (2 coats)
  • Pointer finger: Waves (3 coats)
  • Middle finger: Waves (3 coats) as the base, Paris (1 coat) on top
  • Ring finger: Something Blue (2 coats) as the base, Tania (1 coat) on top
  • Pinkie finger: Jennine (2 coats)
What did I have in mind when I started this manicure?

When my Julep Maven box for June came in (polish upgrade, woot woot!), I was thinking "sea-themed" for no particular reason. It's not sea-themed at all, but I knew I wanted to use Jennine first and she reminded me of the ocean floor, so I built the rest of my manicure around her.

Waves was a shoo-in for the name and color, obviously. It's the ocean itself to Jennine's ocean floor. Tania's mermaid scale-like teal flakes made it a must too, so I needed a good light blue to go underneath it. I only own two light blues and didn't feel like using the other, so Something Blue it was to create a mermaid tail effect. I had this combination on my nails for two days before I decided my middle finger looked bare. At that point, I brought out Paris, put a single coat of her on both middle fingers, and finally felt satisfied.

So in all, Jennine is the ocean floor and its natural beauty, Waves is the ocean itself, Tania and Something Blue are the tail of the mermaid you thought you saw swim by out of the corner of your eye, and Paris is all the shiny things people lose in the ocean, like coins or sunglasses douchebag older brothers toss overboard on a boat because you cockblocked him. Ahem. 

My conclusions:

All the colors went on beautifully and after two days, they've all worn really well on both my hands and my feet. Because I had a bad experience with Julep's last textured polishes, I'm doing a bit of an experiment with Jennine. My fingernails have top coat on them to make them last, but I didn't bother with any on my toes. I'll see later if it chips too badly on my toenails and shows me Julep's textured polishes really need a topcoat. I hope they don't since my textures from other nail polish brands like OPI never need it.

Also, Rainbow Honey needs to start taking my credit card. Their polish styles are so unique and unlike anything I see in other brands like Julep, but I can't drain my debit card for them!

Also also, Julep needs to get on top of shipping notices for Maven boxes. I never got mine, so it showed up out of nowhere with my mystery box. I like to know where things are!

0 comments:

Post a Comment